English as a Second Language
We currently meet on Wednesday evenings at 7:00 pm.
Matthew 28:19 states, "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit." For hundreds of years in an effort to obey this command, the Church has sent missionaries all over the world to preach the Gospel. God's emphasis on this command has not waned. In His eagerness to see us fulfill this great calling God has given us a new strategic way to reach the nations: God has brought the world to our doorstep.
Consider the Following
- People who are a part of the minority ethnic groups in our population are growing 600% faster than the population as a whole!
- Ethnic peoples are now a majority in 25 of the largest cities in North America, making up 61% of Chicago, 73% of New York, and 78% of Los Angeles.
- More Polish people now live in Chicago than in Warsaw, Poland.
- The United States is the third largest Hispanic nation in the world and soon will replace Spain, currently in second place behind Mexico.
- Many of these new immigrants arrive with a huge need: to learn English. We can meet that need and reach them with the Gospel through an English as a Second Language (ESL) program.
Source: Mission to North America (PCA)